As a poll worker or extra help.
The next scheduled election is the Gubernatorial Primary Election on June 5, 2018.Read More
Review summaries or download election results data.
Who We Are
The Stanislaus County Registrar of Voters ensures that voters determine the leaders and laws that govern the community. The Registrar of Voters, part of the County Clerk-Recorder Department, plays a vital role by registering voters, accepting candidate nominations and conducting elections. Each election, the Registrar of Voters recruits and trains over 700 poll workers who get an interesting look behind the scenes at election time. This is especially valuable for high school students, who may qualify for school credit and earn a monetary stipend as they learn about the democratic process. The Registrar of Voters also verifies petition signatures; some petitions help candidates qualify for the ballot and others call for a change in the law.
What We Do
The Registrar of Voters performs the following functions on behalf of Stanislaus County:
- Register voters and update their files as they move or change name or political party
- Assist military and overseas civilian voters with an early delivery of ballots to cities all over the world
- File campaign paperwork and documents from candidates and elected officials
- Provide an array of data to campaigns, the media and researchers
- Design and proofread Sample Ballot Pamphlets and ballots in English and other federally required languages
- Set precincts for each election, based on district lines and population
- Survey polls for Americans With Disabilities Act compliance, finding new sites as needed
- Recruit and train 700-plus poll workers per election
- As vote by mail ballots arrive, verify signature on each envelope. Challenged signatures are individually reviewed by managers.
- Count vote by mail and poll ballots
- Conduct canvass after each election, including scrutiny of provisional ballots and vote by mail ballots dropped off at polls, balancing poll rosters and checking randomly selected 1 percent of precincts with hand counts
- Prepare and certify Statement of the Vote
- Analyze changes in election law and establish County election procedures
- Maintain election and Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) records as required by law
What We Offer
The Registrar of Voters' mission is to provide the opportunity for County residents to register to vote and take part in elections that are conducted with the highest degree of accuracy, efficiency and professionalism. Meeting customer needs is a priority. Employees are trained on Elections Code and keep abreast of law changes that affect the conduct of elections.
Disclaimer: The information contained in these pages was valid at the time of publication. The County Clerk / Recorder / Registrar of Voters reserves the right to modify, update, change or make improvements at any time, without notice, and assumes no liability for damages incurred directly or indirectly as a result of errors, omissions or discrepancies.